I’ve only been blogging for a short time so I am utterly thrilled to have been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award. It is quite humbling to know that your thoughts/pictures are appreciated by others. Thank you dml Books for the nomination. I must admit – I like your work too!
In my short blogging life I have seen some incredibly photos and read some thoughtful and thought provoking posts. Thanks to everyone who has opened my mind to this new dimension of sharing with people around the world. It is highly unlikely that I will ever get to meet most of you in the flesh, but I will be able to consider you all as new ‘friends of the ether’. Please do send me a message if there is something about life in India that you would like me to write about and I will try to oblige!
So, to live up to the terms of the Versatile Blogger Award here goes: Seven things about myself
1. I trained as a teacher of religion and history and spent most of my working life teaching secondary school kids in England until I moved to India in 2008
2. I’ve lived in India for three years and still can’t get over the depth of spirituality which seems to permeate this country
3. But…living in India I miss the opportunity of live theatre which I loved in England
4. I have very eclectic tastes in music. Right now I’m listening to the sound track of ‘Band of Brothers’ and loving it
5. I love singing and have been part of a number of great choirs since my early teens
6. The one sport I’m passionate about is fencing – chess with exercise!
7. I love taking photos and would class myself as a ‘quite good amateur’!
Some of the blogs I’ve enjoyed recently are also worthy of this award so I would like to nominate the following:
10. ian whittaker
13. wild ventures